Integrated Pest Management
The goal of integrated pest management is entirely preventative. By applying various fungicides and pesticides weekly we greatly diminish our chances of an infestation. You may think that simply keeping a clean environment will prevent pests, that is not the case. Many bugs we may view as harmless in the garden, such as ants, can actually be taxis for various mites and aphids. By implementing a systemic pesticide into your pest management program you give your plants a barrier against a variety of detrimental pests and diseases.
Below we have listed a variety of organic products along with their suggested usage rates. We have personally used each of these products with success. While the rates we have included come directly from the labels of the products, always read the labeling on any product you are using. Some products, while organic, still require protective wear while spraying.
Pest Management Products
- Regalia: Biofungicide, boost plant defense mechanism, protect against fungal and bacterial diseases. Improves overall plant health.
- 20ml/gal Root Drench or Spray
- SNS 203: Essential Oil blend containing Rosemary and Clove. Kills and Repels Fungus Gnats, Root Aphids, Thrips, Shore Flies and White Flies. My personal favorite
- 20-60 mL /gal spray or root drench
- SNS 209: Essential Oil blend that differs from the 203 in that the 209 is systemic. SNS-209™’s unique formula works by allowing the plant to uptake a small amount of rosemeric acid from the rosemary plant. As the plant distributes the rosemeric acid throughout its cell walls, a barrier is soon constructed. When an insect starts to suck or chew on the plant it comes in contact with the rosemeric acid and causes the insect to stop eating and move on.
- PFR-97: Systemic Microbial Insecticide, spores of the fungus attach to and penetrate the cuticle of the target pest. The fungus grows inside the pest causing its death. The fungus then emerges from the dead pest to release more spores to infect other pests
- 4 grams /gal spray or root drench
- Actinovate: Systemic Biological fungicide fights powdery mildew, bud rot, root rot and damping off. We use this specifically for the prevention and treatment of bud rot.
- 2-5ml /gal Root Drench once buds begin to swell
- Trifecta: Garden spray, insecticide, fungicide, miticide, kills aphids, white flies, fungus gnats, mites, powdery mildew. Trifecta is good for up to 6 months once mixed with water.
- 15ml/gal preventative Spray Only
- 30ml/gal pests present/treatment Spray Only
- 3 in 1 Organicide: Garden spray, insecticide, fungicide, miticide, kills aphids, white flies, fungus gnats, spider mites. Very oily product. Add a few drops of dish soap and shake frequently while spraying.
- Procidic2: Systemic fungicide, bactericide, prevent and control diseases, powdery mildew, bud rot, and root rot.
- 90ml/gal Spray Only
- 15ml/gal Root Drench
- Grandevo: biological insecticide/miticide. Grandevo functions primarily as a stomach poison for use in the control or suppression of pests.
- 5 grams /gal (or 1 lb per 100 gals) spray or root drench